Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

School History

School's History

Our school was named for Earl Yates, who had been a member of the Fayette County Board of Education. On the north side of Lexington, Yates Elementary sits on more than 12 acres of land with playgrounds for primary and intermediate students as well as a walking track.

The school was built in 1954, renovated in 1984, and repainted in 2008. The latest renovations were completed in October 2011.